This week my Mum, brother, sister and I made “Truffle Balls”. They do sound very posh, I know, but the are so yum! Really, all they are, are chocolate balls with nuts inside and coconut on top. We made them earlier this week, and they were so nice that they were gone within two days :P.
So, to make these yummy treats, all you need is:
- 250g of plain tea biscuits
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecan nuts
- I cup of desiccated coconut
- 395g can of condensed milk
- Optional: use coconut, plain crushed tea biscuits, 100’s and 1000’s or any sprinkles you want on top!
- First, you need to crush your biscuits. You can do this anyway you want, although I would suggest either putting them in a bag and crush them using a rolling pin or an electronic food processor, you will need to do this with your nuts too. Then you need to put the biscuits into a bowl and add your cocoa powder, nuts and the coconut.
- Next, make a well in the centre of contents of the bowl. Add the condensed milk into the middle of the well. Slowly mix the ingredients of the bowl together with a wooden spoon. If you are unsure what to do, ask an adult for help.
- Next you need to let the mixture chill in room temperature for around 20-30 minutes. After you have done this, roll level teaspoons of the mixture into balls. This can be very sticky so you need to work quickly, while the mixture is cool. Also having damp hands helps to roll them. If you want to, roll the balls into your chosen topping and then leave them in an airtight container. Put it in the fridge.
- After about 30 minutes- 1 hour, your truffle balls will be ready to eat!
These truffles are also perfect to have at a small party, as they are quick to make and are the right size to nibble on.
You can also make healthy truffles, but let’s face it, they’ll taste like cardboard!